Thursday, September 22, 2011

Wounded Warrior Project: The Greatest Audience for Whom I Have Ever Cooked!!

I have cooked all over these United States. From Ribs in Knoxville, Fajitas in Tucson, and Rock Lobster in The Florida Keys....But, I have never cooked a morsel of food for a bunch more deserving than The Wounded Warriors. My good friend Jace Jackson has been cooking for The Wounded Warriors at Fisher House at Fort Campbell for a long time. The Fort Campbell Fisher House is a Home for families of wounded soldiers to stay comfortably while their loved ones are cared for at Blanchfield Army Hospital at Fort Campbell. Every Thursday they have a lunch for The Wounded Warrior project. Recently I was able to become involved with Fisher House and we were able to take a group from Dell up to cook for them today. What a humbling experience to see their smiling faces even after their bodies and minds have been damaged by IEDs and Bullets. It's no secret that I love to cook but, These Heroes will always be my favorite audience. If you get a chance to help our Military please do it. Huaahh!!!






1 comment:

  1. Proud of you and Jace, and a wee bit jealous, for the time you have dedicated to such a worthy group of soldiers. My nephew is in the Army. God forbid he ever be injured, but if this occurs, I pray men like you and Jace are somewhere nearby to offer a ray of hope when all else appears cloudy. God bless all our soldiers...HOOAH!

    ReplyDelete