Saturday, March 19, 2011

Playing with my Butts












Today I decided to smoke a little Boston Butt to take over to the In-laws tomorrow while we do some fishing. I took  an Injector and shot a little Apple Cider and Vinegar mix in the butt. Then I peppered the outside with some coarse ground pepper and put a little rub on the outside. I smoked the 3.5 lb Butt at 225 for 3.5 hours and foiled it up for another 1.5 hrs. After I took it off the smoker I let it rest in the foil for 30 minutes and then I pulled it by hand. I removed the outer bark and fat and put it to the side while I pulled the lean meat. I then took the bark and a small amount of the fat a put it in Momma's food processor and chopped it up into small pieces. I then returned it to the pan with the pulled pork and mixed it all up. Lastly I put a couple of tablespoons of Cider Vinegar and a little Worstershire sauce in the pork to keep it moist till we eat it tommorrow.  It turned out real nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment